Choosing your Nominee . . .
- Submit Your Nominee to the Consortium any time during the year to be featured as an honoree on our National Honor Roll website. The press release for your nominee will be a publicity opportunity for your program.
Judge the Honoree based on the following criteria:
- Outstanding person in creating a business to meet the needs of the community
- Demonstrated advocacy for entrepreneurship education in the schools
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years in the business
- Shows strong entrepreneurial values such as innovative ideas, strong marketing strategies, replicable business, orientation to change, etc.
- Positive reputation
- Provides contributions to the community (ie employment, speaking, attracts other businesses, etc)
- Social entrepreneurs that create a business that sells products or services and provides the funds to meet a social need may be honored. (Social entrepreneurs relying solely on grants and gifts to meet societal needs should not be included)
You will be asked to submit the following information: (Use form on Honor Roll Page)
- Business Name
- Location: (City, State)
- Entrepreneur’s Name
- Contact information including website
- Description of the entrepreneur and the business. Identify how the person demonstrated the criteria established for this honor.
- Send several JPGs (pictures) of the entrepreneur that show the person and the business.
- Obtain signed permission from the entrepreneur to use the information provided for publicity purposes.
- Provide a description of the group (school, city, organization, state etc.) that wishes to honor the entrepreneur. Include organization name, address, city/state, website, phone number and email for the contact person.
Email your Honoree’s information to: Cathy Ashmore, Executive Director, Consortium for Entrepreneurship Education, Columbus, OH firstname.lastname@example.org 614-486-6538